Its been two years now since we've moved into our new location at 1827 "O" street. We couldn't be happier. Not only do we have more space...lots more space...seriously a ridiculous amount of space compared to our old location, but we've been able to flex our muscles a bit and upgrade some key pieces of equipment.
#1: A New Conveyor Dryer
- Double the space on the belt allows us to use both our auto press and manual press at the same time.
- A longer dryer helps us key in our curing temps to eliminate color bleeding in polyester printing and allows for us to venture into waterbased ink printing (more on this in a later post).
- Vented heat chamber has helped keep our shop temp at 82° compared to 106°
#2: A New Manual Press
- Works in tandem with our auto press as they are both from the same manufacturer.
- Increases production efficiency with multi-press compatibility of our shirt and sleeve print boards.
- Small but perfect footprint. Our shop space has opened up and allows for improved foot traffic of our hard working crew.
#3 A Six-head Embroidery Machine
- This is big. From our humble beginnings doing embroidery, we've been using a machine that only stitches 1 item at a time. Sometimes a design can take 15-20 minutes to stitch per piece. Now we can do 6 at a time exponentially decreasing the time it takes to complete a job.
#4 A New Two-Head Hat Press Machine
- Now we can more efficiently process screen printed hat orders as well as heat pressed patches.
- Digital timing and temperature control decreases potential errors in decoration application.
These upgrades are essential to us keeping our turnaround times as quick as possible while providing the quality work Screen Ink is known for in the Lincoln/Omaha area.